A friend I hooked up with a Chromecast last year recently had an issue where he could no longer cast from his phone, so he texted me to ask if I knew what to do. Thankfully the solution was easy:
- Go into Application Manager and find Chromecast
- You may have to scroll over to all to find the app listed
- Clear the data from Chromecast
- Open the Chromecast app on your phone to make sure it’s still set up.
- If it’s not, follow the instructions to set it up again
- Open one of the apps you want to cast to the television and find the Chromecast box
This fixed the problem for him and he was a happy man once again.